Use of Color in Everyday Life
Color is light: Let us be filled with light.
Blue is the 5th color of the spectrum, the 5th stripe of the rainbow and the fifth Chakra color. Blue has a wavelength of 440-490 nm.
Red, blue and yellow are the “primary colors”. Red and blue make purple, paint-wise.
When considering blue and how it affects us, know that color influences emotions, relationships, our environment.
Since we can utilize color so easily, it truly becomes the NUMBER ONE KIND OF PRACTICAL MAGIC we can use in our everyday lives.
THINKING ABOUT BLUE
- A Popular Color: Blue is a wildly popular color. Being the color of the sky and the sea, it is universal. Have you ever noticed that in stores, the blue tee shirts or blouses seem to sell out first? It’s socially acceptable too. Not too “out there”. Easy to wear.
- Supposedly Masculine:Blue according to studies, it is highly accepted among males. Baby males are indoctrinated early, dressed in light blue. But lots of women gravitate toward the safety of blue as well.
- A Cool Color: Blue is calming and serene. It settles us down, helps us sleep. Not a bad bedroom color. Good for a babies’ room. Good pajama color.
- I’m so Blue: Can mean sad or depressed. Feeling “down or blue.” The “baby blues” refers to post partum depression.
- Singing the Blues: This style of music usually has a sad tale to tell.
- On a Diet?: Try blue for an appetite suppressant. Weight loss gurus say put your food on a blue plate or put a blue light in your fridge to turn off the munchies. There are not that many naturally blue foods.
- Blue in Advertising: Used to promote products and services related to cleanliness (water purification filters, cleaning liquids), air and sky (airlines, airports, air conditioners), water and sea (sea voyages, mineral water) and high tech products. NEVER use blue to promote food since it suppresses appetite. An advertising faux pas!
WHY IS THE SKY BLUE?
A clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light.
SO WHY IS THE SUNSET RED?
When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colors because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.
GEMSTONES IN BLUE
Stones and crystals carry energy, particularly the energy and frequency of their color.
In General: Blue stones promote peace, calm emotions, help sleep, stop nightmares, give inspiration and enhance communication.
Turquoise: The green in turquoise symbolizes growth; the blue in it symbolizes communication. Has long been used in amulets to provide protection, health, confidence and strength.
Blue Sapphire and Blue Topaz: Calming.
Lapis lazuli and Azurite: Heighten psychic power.
FIFTH THROAT CHAKRA MAGIC
“Speaking Your Truth”
Blue: The 5th color of the rainbow and the color for the 5th Chakra.
Fifth Chakra Issues: Speaking one’s truth with courage and without fear. Being impeccable with your word. Taking responsibility for what you say. Speaking wisely.
Physically: A blocked fifth Chakra can manifest on the physical plane with sore throats, thyroid issues, getting food “stuck” in your throat, choking.
OTHER SHADES OF BLUE
Navy Blue: The color of uniforms. Worn by sailors, police, security guards. Represents authority, solemnity. Navy blue is also a conservative, corporate color. Associated with intelligence, stability, unity. Also associated with old-fashioned stodginess.
Royal Blue: Represents kings and queens. Superiority.
Light Blue: Spring, baby boys, health, healing, tranquility, understanding, and softness.
Turquoise is the symbol of youth, both the color and the gemstone. This color has a soothing affect. Turquoise is the color of communication. It contains the growth quality of green with the blue quality of communication. Turquoise has long been used in amulets to provide protection, health, confidence and strength.
Aqua is the color of high ideals.
BLUE IN DIFFERENT CULTURES and BELIEFS
Iran: Blue is the color of mourning.
English Heraldry: Blue symbolizes piety and sincerity.
Ancient Egyptians: Lapis lazuli represented heaven.
Ancient Greece: Lacked a word for blue. Homer called the color of the sea “wine dark”, except that the word knos (cyan) was used for dark blue enamel.
Virgin Mary: Symbolized by blue.
The West: Brides wear something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue, like a blue garter. Blue represents love.
MAGICAL BLUE WISDOM
- Blue Energy in Art: It gives a feeling of distance. Artists use it to show perspective It allows us to look beyond and increase our perspective outward.
- Unblocking Energy: Blue vibrations help energy flow; opens our Chakras, our Qi. Invokes a feeling of peace and harmony in our lives.
- Blue Candle: This cool, calming color helps us flow like a river.
- Mercury in Retrograde: When Mercury, the planet of communication, appears to go backward in the sky, it is said to be “retrograde”. This is a time when we misinterpret each other’s words, forget dates, misread contracts. So at those times, wear blue and/or burn blue candles to counteract this
- Auras: People with blue auras can be spiritually oriented. Those folks are interested in social service and tend to be teachers, writers, psychologists.
RESOURCES: Some of this Newsletter was adapted from:
COLORFUL ACTIVITIES FOR BLUE PEOPLE
Give a Friend a Blue Iris: It means “your friendship is very important to me.”
Open Your Fifth Chakra: Sing at the top of your lungs, wear a blue scarf, rehearse saying “hard” things to that certain person by trying it out in the mirror.
Circling: Developing Your Intuition
Connect With Other Wise Women. Join In Ceremony with Drums and Rattles!
If you have one, bring it.
By joining together with other women in safety and ceremony we will explore the aspects of intuition!
SUNDAY JULY 12th 1-4:30pm $20
- Identify the difference between intuition and fear.
- Learn to trust your inner knowing.
- Discover the courage to act on your natural wisdom
- We will use ceremony and group energy to practice and use our intuitive powers.
- The circle has been a natural way for women to gather since the beginning. We are two women who have been circling for over 20 years and helping like-minded spirits celebrate and become empowered.
- BRING: A drum or rattle if you can! If not, we have extras.
Andrea Lord, Women’s Circle Facilitator, Reiki Practitioner
Rachel Lord, RN, CMT, Master Herbalist
To Sign Up:
Phone: A Women’s Circle at 720-530-2834 or Isis at 303-761-8627
Isis Books and Gifts
2775 South Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113