Use of Color in Everyday Life
Color is light: Let us be filled with light.
We Can’t Live Without It!
Green is the fourth color of the spectrum and the rainbow and the fourth Chakra color. It is dominated by energy with a wavelength of roughly 520–570 nanometers.
When considering green and how it affects us, know that color influences emotions, relationships, our environment.
Since we can utilize color so easily, it truly becomes the NUMBER ONE KIND OF PRACTICAL MAGIC we can use in our everyday lives.
THINKING ABOUT GREEN
- Life-Giving Chlorophyll: This pigment in plants gives them their green color. It is the way they breathe. The chemical process of photosynthesis is how plants emit oxygen and take in carbon dioxide. Green plants replenish our atmosphere with oxygen. We are truly symbiotic with nature.
- Politically Correct:Greening up this planet. Going green. Low carbon footprint. Eliminating global warming. Green is where it’s at.
- Green Associations: Regeneration, fertility and rebirth because of its connections to nature.
- Slang for Green: Green with envy, greenback dollar, green around the gills as in “you look sick”, inexperienced, novice or new at it as in “he’s a little green”. An inexperienced cowboy is a greenhorn.” Do you have a green thumb?
- Go-Ahead color: Proceed, you have the green light. All is well. Go forward. The color for safety and medicine bottles.
- The Luck of the Irish: Shamrocks are the good luck plant. Green is the national color of Ireland
GEMSTONES IN GREEN
Malachite, Emerald, Green Tourmaline
Stones and crystals carry energy, particularly the energy and frequency of their color.
- Green stones in general represent growth, heart center, cleansing and healing.
- Emeralds are green from their chromium content. They are healing, protective, lend insight and security in love.
- Malachite: Healing, absorbs negativity, stimulates creativity.
- Moss Agate: Connects with earth spirits, brings abundance and self-confidence.
- Green tourmaline: Grounding, healing and protective. Absorbs negativity and brings discernment and vitality.
FOURTH CHAKRA MAGIC
Our Heart Center, Place of Healing
The fourth Chakra, located in the center of the sternum, is also the middle color of the rainbow. It’s green.
The heart is the place of unconditional love, no strings attached, no blame, no judgment. It is pure love of all humanity, love of self, love for others.
The gland is the thymus (located behind the sternum) and deals with the immune system and staying well. If we love and respect our self, we stay healthy.
If we wall off our heart from our family, children or friends we can get a “heart attack”.
Heart Chakra is the bridge between the physical world and the spiritual world. As above, so below. A spiritual place. A place of prayer.
When we do healing work, we come from our heart center.
CHINESE MEDICINE PERSPECTIVE
Green is for liver, Go with the flow
- In Chinese Medicine Five Element Theory, the paired Wood organs are green.
These are the Yin Liver and the Yang Gall Bladder.
The liver moves qi and blood. Smooth flow of our energy maintains harmony and regulates all bodily activities.
When qi is blocked we have pain or disease.
The liver rules anger and/or flow. When our qi is blocked we get angry. When all flows calmly and correctly, we feel peaceful.
A blocked liver person gets all up tight when stuck in traffic. Think “Road Rage.” A calm liver person sails through life.
OYGENATE YOUR HOME
All plants convert carbon dioxide to oxygen, but some actually remove chemicals like benzene and formaldehyde from the air.
Other plants that are good oxygenators and provide high energy to a space are:
Good choices include:
Golden Pothos (Devil’s Ivy)
Australian Umbrella Tree
OTHER SHADES OF GREEN
- Bright Emerald Green: Healing, cleansing, rejuvenation. Love-centered.
- Dull Dark Green: Commonly associated with money, the financial world, banking, and Wall Street. Also jealousy, envy, greed. Insecurity, low self-esteem.
- Olive green: Traditional color of peace. The olive wreath.
- Yellow-Green: Sickness, cowardice, discord, and jealousy.
- Aqua: Emotional healing and protection.
A LITTLE GREEN HISTORY
- The word green is closely related to the Old English growan, “to grow”. This is an obvious connection with the greening of the Earth and spring and rebirth.
- In some cultures, green symbolizes hope and growth, while in others, it is associated with death, sickness, envy or the devil.
- In Egypt the floors of the temple were green. Among the Greeks and Moors, it signified victory.
- To the Muslims it is a sacred color. They carry a green flag, wear green turbans after they have made a pilgrimage to the holy city of Mecca, and design their prayer rugs with a green background.
- The Scottish Highlanders wore green as a mark of honor. Green watch plaid. Green in tartans and kilts.
MAGICAL GREEN WISDOM
- A green candle is a healing candle.
- Green has alchemy. It bridges consciousness from one realm to another through the spiraling energies of DNA. Therefore, it connects us to the physical world and to spirit.
- Green as a healing frequency can be placed around family members who are ill. Green plants in a sick room can bring cheer, healing energy and beauty.
- Feng Shui a room with green walls or green accents to give serenity and peace.
COLORFUL ACTIVITIES FOR GREENIES
Dig in the Dirt: Plant a Garden. Pot a plant. This is the most obvious green thing to do. It is grounding, therapeutic, beautifying. What a great way to meditate. How good it feels to create and get our hands dirty.
Hug a Tree: What a lovely way to get in touch with the wood element-liver energy, green energy. Grounding and healing. Comforting and true.
Walk in the Woods, the park, the mountains, a grassy place. Inhale the green oxygen. Exhale the carbon dioxide and know you are gifting the plants. You are home.
RESOURCES: Some of this Newsletter was adapted from:
Circling: Developing Your Intuition
Connect With Other Wise Women. Join In Ceremony with Drums and Rattles!
If you have one, bring it.
By joining together with other women in safety and ceremony we will explore the aspects of intuition!
SUNDAY JULY 12th 1-4:30pm $20
- Identify the difference between intuition and fear.
- Learn to trust your inner knowing.
- Discover the courage to act on your natural wisdom
- We will use ceremony and group energy to practice and use our intuitive powers.
- The circle has been a natural way for women to gather since the beginning. We are two women who have been circling for over 20 years and helping like-minded spirits celebrate and become empowered.
- BRING: A drum or rattle if you can! If not, we have extras.
Andrea Lord, Women’s Circle Facilitator, Reiki Practitioner
Rachel Lord, RN, CMT, Master Herbalist
To Sign Up:
Phone: A Women’s Circle at 720-530-2834 or Isis at 303-761-8627
Isis Books and Gifts
2775 South Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113