President, Alpha Institute
Women’s Circle Facilitator
Rachel Lord RN, CMT, MH
Women’s Circle Facilitator
THE MAYAN CALENDAR
A WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY
QUOTES ON 'THE' CALENDAR
“A spiritual device that allows a greater understanding of the evolution of consciousness…and the concrete steps we can take to align ourselves with this cosmic evolution towards enlightenment.”
Carl Johan Callaman, Mayan scholar and visionary.
“The Mayan calendar is …a map, it is a way to know who we are.”
Ramon Mendoza, artist and philosopher.
“Reintroducing the Maya calendar is an emergency plan for people of Earth.”
Jaramillo-- roots in MayanYucatanPeninsula.
WHAT IS THE MAYAN CALENDAR?
- The Mayan calendar is really a system of many interconnected calendars.
- Some of these calendars are based on everyday civil events such as agriculture (especially maize); some based on the sacred.
- The everyday ones uses astronomy, based on the rotations and cycles of the sun, moon and earth. This gives practical information such as when to plant or harvest. Our Gregorian calendar measures time in the same way.
- The Sacred Long Count Calendar of 260 days is the one everybody is talking about.
- This calendar is not based on linear time or any astronomical cycle of the sun, moon or earth.
- Instead it reflects evolution of consciousness in the cosmos. A given day is hence given a symbol that belongs to many different calendars or counts.
THE SACRED LONG COUNT CALENDAR
- The Sacred Calendar is reportedly used to this day by the Mayans for prophecy, individual divination, daily energies, energies of individuals, contact to the ancestors, healing practices and holidays.
- It is associated with the nine creation cycles which represent nine levels of consciousness or Underworlds and is represented by the 9-stepped Pyramids of the Mayans.
- We are nearing the ninth step now - the end of the cycle.
- The Sacred Calendar is based on a galactic cosmology.
- Over 2,000 years ago the early Mayan observed that the winter solstice sun was slowly moving toward the heart of the Milky Way.
- They suspected that the world would go through a transformation when the solar and the galactic planes aligned.
- Their Long Count calendar targets the date that the cosmic alignment would maximize. That time is circa AD 2012.
- The ancient Mayan sky-watchers left a Codex in the form of carved monuments for us to decipher. They have survived the decay of centuries so that we can know exactly what they prophesied and believed about year 2012.
- The Codex wasn't’t easy to decipher. There have been a series of scholars/mystics who have devoted a good part of their lives to this endeavor. Some of these folks are the ones quoted at the top of this newsletter.
- The EXACT time of this occurrence varies depending on who is doing the interpretation. General consensus seems to be in varying dates of the “2012 Era”.
THE GALACTIC ALIGNMENT - DECEMBER 21, 2012
- The Galactic Alignment is the alignment of the Dec Solstice sun with the Galactic equator. (middle brightest bulge of the Milky Way). This occurs once every 26,000 years. This calculation is based on astronomy. This moment is Summer Solstice June 21st, 2012.
- However, it will take the December solstice sun 36 years to proceed through the Galactic Equator. This range is "Era 2012" as coined by John Major Jenkins.
- The Mayans suspected that the world would go through a transformation when the Solar and Galactic planes aligned. the Long Count Calendar target when the alignment maximizes.
THE IZAPA SITE
- Incredibly, at the early Maya site of Izapa in southern Mexico, the galactic cosmology and a profound spiritual teaching are preserved.
- Izapa speaks to us of the Galactic Alignment in 2012 - "a transformative nexus in time, a still-point turnabout, inviting us to reconnect with our cosmic heart and eternal source".
- It prepares us for the final Universal level of conscious Enlightenment.
- Just as the astrology-based "Age of Aquarius" represents a gradual change in conscious shift - so to this Mayan-based "Ear of 2012".
- We believe this moment will suddenly happen on a single day. Instead our collective consciousness is moving towards this New Era of Enlightenment.
- What Do You think?
GO OUTSIDE ON A DARK STARRY NIGHT. Gaze at the Milky Way and find the densest area of stars. Meditate on this spot. Imagine a spiral of consciousness. What would the world be were this to come to pass?
Some of our References:
2012 AND NEW BEGINNINGS
What’s It All About?
Sunday July 17, 2011
1 pm - 4:30 pm $20
Connect With Other Wise Women
Join In Ceremony with Drums and Rattles!
- Let’s sift through the many viewpoints to find some clarity of 2012
- We’ll explore Indigenous and other prophecies and stories from around the world
- We’ll make the most of the Mayan Calendar and see how it fits into your life
- We’ll use sacred ceremony to explore these ideas
- The circle has been a natural way for women to gather since the beginning
Let’s continue that tradition and spread the sisterhood
- BRING: A drum or rattle! If not, we have extras.
- Please RSVP by phone or email below
Andrea Lord, Women’s Circle Facilitator, Reiki Practitioner
Rachel Lord, RN, CMT, Master Herbalist
Old Hampden Holistic Center
3501 S. Corona St., #1
Englewood, CO 80113
To Sign Up:
A Women’s Circle at 720-530-2834