Use of Color in Everyday Life
Color is light: Let us be filled with light.
Golden Sun, Silver Moon, Earthly Copper/Bronze
The Metallics or the shiny metal colors range from the yellows in gold, the brown tones in copper and white-grey for silver.
The precious metals come from the earth and when polished shine like the sun.
These metals and the colors within them represent a powerful KIND OF PRACTICAL MAGIC we can use in our everyday lives
THE METALS IN GENERAL
- Element: Fire from the sun.
- Associations: Wisdom, prosperity, illumination, wisdom, Male energy-Yang and hot and active, sun magic.
- Considered THE Most Precious Metal: Associated with wealth and prosperity. Was often used for money. Gold used to be what our economy and money was backed up with.
- Fort Knox: Where gold is stored. In the olden days our dollar was backed up with gold - The Gold Standard.
- Fiftieth Anniversary: Give and use gold to celebrate an enduring, valued relationship. An eternal gold ring symbolizes a union.
Reflection: Symbolizes illumination of truth, change in direction.
Associations: The Goddess, the Moon, the Tide, Ebb and Flow, female energy-Yin and cool and receptive, soothing, calming, patience, forbearance, perseverance, insight.
How Cool!: Silver is cool.
Twenty Fifth Anniversaries: Give silver, use silver, a precious metal. Serve dinner on a silver tray.
Silver Hair: Graceful aging. Wise women have silver hair, but the hair of an old lady is grey.
Communication: Silver is a conductor, a communicator. Aids in clear speech, public speaking, eloquence.
BRONZE & COPPER BROWN
- Element: Earth
- Copper: This is the actual element in pure form from the earth.
- Bronze: Bronze is brown. It is not an element: it is a metal alloy, usually consisting of copper and tin, sometimes with phosphorus, manganese, aluminum or silicon added.
- Bronze Age: In antiquity, the Bronze Age was a time when we learned to work with metals and make alloys. These had added strength.
- Eighth Anniversary: Bronze is for the eighth year of marriage, the color found in earth, wood and stone.
- Attributes: Wholesome, earthy, steadfast, dependable, honest, warm, neutral, can stimulate the appetite. Found in nature in living and non-living substances.
GOLD, SILVER and COPPER in PRECIOUS OBJECTS and GEMS
- Use gold and orangey gems for increasing personal wisdom and power, illuminating your proper path, good overall health , gaining success and prosperity.
- Golden chains, rings, pendants. Gold/orange colored gems: Carnelian, Agate, Onyx, Black Tourmaline, Ametrine, Fire Agate, Ruby, Garnet, Smoky Quartz.
- Silver is feminine. For illumination, the Goddess.
- Use silver chains, rings, lockets, mirrors. Silver Gems: Chalcedony, Gray Calcite, Gray Muscovite, Gray-Silver Cuprite, Hematite, Magnetite (Lodestone), Pyrolusite.
- Copper Bracelets and Jewelry: Used in the healing arts to take away pain. Often recommended for arthritis and joint inflammation.
GOLD IN CHAKRAS
The Golden/Orange Chakra:
- This is the 2nd chakra, located in the pelvis where the sacrum and reproductive organs reside.
- An open 2nd Chakra leads to expressing our sexuality and having an open spirit. We are generous and giving.
- A closed 2nd Chakra can lead to selfishness, being demanding and blocked sexually. The Midas touch was a double-edged sword.
- Physically, 2nd Chakra problems can be a stiff lower back, confusion, lack of sexual desire and pleasure, reproductive/menstrual/fertility problems.
- The Goddess: Silver is her element: Female, cooling, balanced, silvery, shining, illuminating. Yin.
- Cleansing: Excellent for mental, emotional, and physical releasing and cleansing. Draws out negative energy from the body and replaces it with positive energy.
- Balance: Works on the mind/emotions to see overview, emotional balance, patience.
- Energizing Gems: Silver has the ability to energize other stones during the new and full moons.
- Approachable: While gold is seen as the wearer being materialistic, it also portrays the person as being open and approachable.
- Strengthens: It is said to be the strongest colour to help cure all illnesses and strengthen both body and spirit.
- The Masculine: Very warm, forceful, powerful, energetic, Yang.
OTHER METALLIC HUES
- Grey: Offshoot of silver. Indicates peace and persistence. Grey is a major purging colour and helps in removing unwanted disease and troubles from the body including cancer of tissue and blood.
- Too much Gray: Can make us rigid, dull, melancholy, lonely, and lifeless. (without color).
- Too Little Gray: can make us feel uncertain, neutral, between light and darkness. Could be a time to make choices.
- Tan, Taupe, Beige, Cream: Types of browns. Excellent backgrounds to make colors seem richer and brighter.
ACTIVITIES WITH THE METALLICS
- Meditate with a Mirror: Silver coating on the back of glass creates a reflection. Meditate into a mirror or shiny metal tray. See the Goddess within.
- Healing for Arthritis: Wear a Copper Bracelet: See if your joint pain is eased.
- Wear Silver and Moonstones: Bring out the sacred feminine.
- Feel Energized/ Powerful: Wear gold.
- Wear a Sparkly Dress: Reflect the sun and the moon.
RESOURCES: Some of this Newsletter was adapted from:
CIRCLING: Discover Your Animal Guide by Using Intuitive Powers
Sunday October 11, 2009
Connect With Other Wise Women
Join In Ceremony with Drums and Rattles!
Sunday October 11, 2009 $20 1-4:30 p.m.
- Have you ever felt drawn to or frightened by an animal and not known why?
- Animal qualities can help us understand ourselves and see our life’s lessons.
- We will use ceremony and group energy to discover our guardian spirit.
- The circle has been a natural way for women to gather since the beginning.
- BRING: A drum or rattle if you can. If not, we have extras.
- ALSO BRING: A pendulum or a weighted, symmetrical necklace, etc.
Andrea Lord, Women’s Circle Facilitator, Reiki Practitioner
Rachel Lord, RN, CMT, Master Herbalist
Old Hampden Holistic Center, 3501 S. Corona St., #1, Englewood, CO 80113
To Sign Up:
Phone: Andrea at A Women’s Circle .720-530-2834
email: email@example.com * www.awomenscircle.net